Tuesday, November 26, 2013

No Beads. Got Yarn.

The weekend before last it was a balmy 55 degrees. We took a 25 mile bike ride to savor the last ride until March/April. Today, old man winter is knocking on the door.  A high of 28 degrees and blustery wind is all it takes for me to pull out the yarn. stash. 

This cowl neck warmer was knit with Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick & quick yarn. On size 13 sticks this was truly quick. It took about 2 hours total, of which, most was done watching Dancing with the Stars last evening. It's 80% acrylic and 20% wool. It's soft and pliable. I think I will gift this one and make another for myself.

 
 
Next are two crocheted cowl neck warmers. A nifty trick of hooking in the back loop makes the ridges which gives the appearance of knitted. Both will be gifts for my son and signficant other. Hers is a relaxed circle for today's fashion trend of wearing these as an accessory.  His is a snug circle meant for warmth on long walks with the the dog.
 
Hers
 
 
His
 
 
 
Today's project will be a wide headband in the above black and white yarn. I love the tweedy. I will duplicate the pattern stitches of the cowl, but shorten the overall length. I need warmth, but not necessarily a hat. Also, it is a great way to wear my weekend ponytails.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, you are on a roll! Your new scarves are beautiful and will be so appreciated with the cold weather! I especially love the one you made for your son's significant other. Scarves are always appreciated and trendy too....the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete